OMNI Retail was built as a proof of concept for two reasons. Firstly, it was designed to bring consumers back into stores and provide the same immersive and hyper-personalized experiences as online. Secondly, we needed to create a powerful business tool that could provide customer insights from data and add value by integrating with product-consumer analytics.
- Matthew Corstorphine, Director of Product Design/UX
Explored use cases.
Interactive omnichannel experience design using BLE Proximity Beacons, mobile phone, and interactive display
Customer insights data using BLE Proximity Beacons driving data visualization on mobile POS devices
Product discovery and eCommerce integration using native apps and BLE Proximity Product Beacons
Mobile contactless payment processing using tablets and OCR/QR technology
Targeted promotional content using customer insights data and BLE Proximity Beacons
We used a total of five Estimote beacons for our POC store environment: two BLE proximity beacons and three asset tracking stickers. The beacons were managed using the Estimote SDK and could be assigned campaigns, proximity content, and interactive content via the CMS system we built.
We built two Ionic iOS hybrid applications: one for the customer and one for the staff tablet. We also built a CMS for building the interactive campaigns and beacon management and a customer analytics engine powered by Firebase and Eddystone’s Estimote Beacon SDK to power the interactions in the store.
We can use beacon technology, hyper-personalized product recommendations in-store, and a customer-facing mobile app with interactive touch elements to:
- Increase in-store product awareness
- Create a competitive differentiator
- Increase in-store transactions
- Increase inventory tracking efficiencies
- Reduce overstock
- Reduce staffing costs
- Reduce peak-hour wait time at transaction counter
- Increase customer cross-selling recommendations accuracy
- Increase customer insights data accuracy
- Create new customer and product data-points for business intelligence using proximity beacons
- Create a way for customers to build and manage their own campaigns and beacons using a CMS web tool
After two rounds of early user and usability testing, we were able to validate the quality of our product. While OMNI Retail is still in POC testing phase, we are already receiving customer and client feedback and preparing for our next iteration.
Want to learn more?
Book a demo with our product team to find out more behind the technology and the data.